Our company has been using rail freight for over 60 years. The railway helps to carry freight over long distances, while significantly optimizing the logistics budget. The availability of various types of wagons allows transporting not only palletized goods, but also solid bulk goods, bulk liquid loads, in big bags, etc. We transport goods by railway transport throughout Russia, to the CIS countries, Asia and Europe.
Advantages of rail transportation with VTN
- Any goods: heavy, oversized, dangerous, solid, liquid etc.
- Wider Geography: Transportation to remote areas of Russia, CIS, Europe, Asia
- Container and wagon transportation
- Delivery of groupage cargo
- Variety of types of wagons: gondola wagon, covered and open wagons, platform, tank-wagon, hopper
- Availability of specialized handling equipment for loading and unloading operations at the railway station itself
- Stable schedule: regular trips between Russian railway stations in Russia as well as imports and exports
- Accompanying documentation formalities, all types of permits
- Packaging, cargo crate, fastening.
- Loading and unloading operations
- Cargo security and escort
- Provision of information on the location of wagons (containers), cargo tracking etc.
- Cargo insurance
- Storage of cargo
We provide the following services
Saint Petersburg - Vladivostok - Saint Petersburg - delivery time from 29 days
Moscow - Vladivostok - Moscow - delivery time from 10 days
China - St. Petersburg - Europe - delivery time from 11 days
China - Zabaikalsk - Kazakhstan - delivery time from 21 days
Rail transport is at the origins of logistics. It emerged as an alternative transportation option when, over time, established transportation routes expanded and grew into regular routes. However, weather conditions - rain, snow, loose soil - often hindered the movement of transport.
The first railroad in Russia appeared in 1788. In Petrozavodsk, the world's first cast-iron track, 160 meters long and 0.8 meters wide, was built at the Alexandrovsky plant. Thus, railway tracks appeared and have been extensively used for the transportation of goods for more than 200 years.
Today, rail transport is the optimal way to deliver various cargoes (from perishable foodstuffs to large construction equipment) all over the world. The popularity of such transportation is due to the fact that, despite the development of alternative options, transportation by rail is still the most economical, convenient and fastest. It is beyond competition if large-sized technical constructions and oversized cargoes are to be transported. Moreover, modern construction equipment is often initially designed to be transported by rail.
As of 2021, there are railways in 80 of the 85 regions of the Russian Federation (constituent entities of the Russian Federation). That is almost 122 thousand kilometers. Railroads are absent or do not operate at full capacity only in the Altai Republic, Tyva Republic, Kamchatka Krai, Magadan Oblast, and Chukotka Autonomous Okrug.
We offer our customers service and delivery options based on priorities and logic.
It makes sense to be with us.